Monday, December 7, 2009

Arizona Diamondbacks Baseball

This family room is inspired by the baseball team the Arizona Diamondbacks. My husband asked me to make a "man cave" so I complied and used his favorite baseball team as the inspiration. The team's colors are Sedona red, black and Sonoran sand (tan) so I incorporated that color palette throughout the room. I didn't want to go the typical "man cave" route and make it overly masculine but I didn't want to over-feminize it either. I picture this room to also be used as a day-to-day TV room for a family with kids.

I know technology is a key element so of course I had to include a TV and a media stand that holds up to a 42" flat screen TV. It's also important for the furniture to be comfortable and be able to accommodate several people for game days. The slipcovered chaise sectional and red side chair serve those functions well. They have clean lines but look like you could sink right into them. I chose the white ottoman/table because there needed to be something you could put your feet up on plus I thought it looked like home base. I included the accent table because it reminds me of a baseball bat. And the striped rug is reminiscent of pinstripe uniforms.

Every "man cave" needs pool table so I chose one that also is a little more stylized than your average pool table. The pendant light above it looks like a more modern sleeker version of the fixtures that hang over pool tables in pubs. And the old baseball photographs are also more stylish than your typical sports posters. The Diamondbacks art glass clock is there because I think the room needed at least one item from the team plus it nicely integrates into the rest of the decor Finally, the baseball playing gnome is funny to me so I had to include that.

Paint color is yellow clover by Benjamin Moore.

Resources:

Newkirk media stand w/ back panel ($798) from West Elm
Slipcovered Chaise Sofa ($2,579) from Pottery Barn
Paloma Chair ($1,999) from Room & Board
Soho Tufted Square Ottoman ($269) from Home Decorators Collection
Remy Wooden Accent Table ($99) from Grandin Road
Monty Red Woven Cotton rug (9x12 - $385) from Dash & Albert Rug Company
Solid Hardwood Pool Table ($2,311.99) from Overstock.com
Tacoma Collection Pendant Light ($718.91) from Lamps Plus
Boy Running Scoreboard print (framed - $164.99) from Art.com
The Baseball Game print (framed - $119.99) from Art.com
Arizona Diamondbacks Art-Glass Clock ($32.99) from Shop MLB.com
Baseball Gnome ($19.99) from Target

No comments:

Post a Comment